SSC – CGL
Combined Graduate Level Examination 2020-21
Enroll SSC Online Class Now…Click Here to Join
Important Dates for SSC-CGL
Combined Graduate Level Examination, 2020
|Dates for submission of online applications:||29-12-2020 to 31-01-2021|
|Last date and time for receipt of online applications:||31-01-2021 (23:30)|
|Last date and time for making online fee payment:||02-02-2021 (23:30)|
|Last date and time for generation of offline Challan:||04-02-2021 (23:30)|
|Last date for payment through Challan (during working hours of Bank):||06-02-2021|
|Schedule of Computer Based Examination (Tier-I):||29-05-2021 to 07-06-2021|
|Date of Tier-II Examination (Descriptive Paper):||To be notified later|
|For the posts for which age limit is 18-27 years||Candidate must have been born not earlier than 02-01-1994 and not later than 01-01-2003.|
|For the posts for which age limit is 20-27 years.||Candidate must have been born not earlier than 02-01-1994 and not later than 01-01-2001.|
|For the posts for which age limit is 20-30 years||Candidate must have been born not earlier than 02-01-1991 and not later than 01-01-2001.|
|For the posts for which age limit is up to 30 years||Candidate must have been born not earlier than 02-01-1991 and not later than 01-01-2003.|
|For the post for which age limit is upto 32 years||Candidate must have been born not earlier than 02-01-1989 and not later than 01-01-2003.|
A candidate must be either:
- a citizen of India
- a subject of Nepal
- a subject of Bhutan
- a Tibetan refugee who came over to India, before the 1st January 1962 with the intention of permanently settling in India, or a person of Indian origin who has migrated from Pakistan, Burma, Sri Lanka, East African Countries of Kenya, Uganda, the United Republic of Tanzania (Formerly Tanganyika and Zanzibar), Zambia, Malawi, Zaire, Ethiopia and Vietnam with the intention of permanently settling in India. Provided that a candidate belonging to categories (4.1.2), (4.1.3), (4.1.4) and above shall be a person in whose favor a certificate of eligibility has been issued by the Government of India. A candidate in whose case a certificate of eligibility is necessary may be admitted to the Examination but the offer of appointment will be given only after the necessary eligibility certificate has been issued to him by the Government of India.
Essential Educational Qualifications (as on 01-01-2021):
Assistant Audit Officer/ Assistant Accounts Officer: 8.1.1 Essential Qualifications: Bachelor’s Degree from a recognized University or Institute. 8.1.2 Desirable Qualifications: Chartered Accountant or Cost & Management Accountant or Company Secretary or Masters in Commerce or Masters in Business Studies or Masters in Business Administration (Finance) or Masters in Business Economics. 13 8.1.3 During the period of probation direct recruits shall have to qualify the “Subordinate Audit/ Accounts Service Examination” in respective branches for confirmation and regular appointment as Assistant Audit Officer/Assistant Accounts Officer. Junior Statistical Officer: 8.2.1 Bachelor’s Degree in any subject from a recognized University or Institute with at least 60% Marks in Mathematics at 12th standard level; Or Bachelor’s Degree in any subject with Statistics as one of the subjects at degree level. 8.3 All other Posts: 8.3.1 Bachelor’s Degree from a recognized University or equivalent
How to apply:
Applications must be submitted only in online mode at the official website of SSC Headquarters i.e. https://ssc.nic.in. For detailed instructions, please refer to Annexure-III and Annexure-IV. Sample proforma of One-time Registration and
online Application Form is attached as Annexure-IIIA and Annexure-IVA respectively.
9.2 In the online Application Form, candidates are required to upload the scanned
color passport size photograph in JPEG format (20 KB to 50 KB). The photograph should not be more than three months old from the date of publication of the Notice of Examination, and, the date on which the photograph has been taken should be clearly printed on the photograph. Applications without such a date printed on the photograph will be rejected.
The image dimension of the photograph should be about 3.5 cm (width) x 4.5 cm (height). The photograph should be without a cap, spectacles and both ears should be visible.
Last date and time for submission of online applications are 31-01-2021 (23:30).
Candidates are advised in their own interest to submit online applications much before the closing date and not to wait till the last date to avoid the possibility of disconnection/ inability or failure to login to the SSC website on
an account of heavy load on the website during the closing days. The Commission will not be responsible for the candidates not being able to submit their applications within the last date on account of the aforesaid reasons or for any other reason beyond the control of the Commission.
Before submission of the online application, candidates must check that they have filled correct details in each field of the form. After submission of the online application form, no change/ correction/ modification will be allowed under any circumstances. Requests received in this regard in any form like Post, Fax, Email, by hand, etc. shall not be entertained.
Fee payable: Rs 100/- (Rs one hundred only).
- Women candidates and candidates belonging to Scheduled Castes (SC), Scheduled Tribes (ST), Persons with Disabilities (PwD), and Ex-servicemen (ESM) eligible for reservation are exempted from payment of a fee.
- Fee can be paid online through BHIM UPI, Net Banking or by using Visa, Mastercard, Maestro, RuPay Credit or Debit cards or in cash at SBI Branches by generating SBI Challan.
- Online fee can be paid by candidates up to 02-02-2021 (23:30 hours).
- However, candidates who wish to make a cash payment through the challan of SBI may make payment in cash at the Branches of SBI within the working hours of the bank up to 06-02-2021 provided the challan has been generated by them before 04-02-2021 (23:30 hours).
- Candidates who are not exempted from fee payment must ensure that their fee has been deposited with SSC. If the fee is not received by SSC, the status of the Application Form is shown as ‘Incomplete’ and this information is printed on the top of the printout of the online Application Form. Further, the status of fee payment can be verified at the ‘Payment Status” link provided on the candidate’s login screen. Such applications that remain incomplete due to non-receipt of fee will be SUMMARILY REJECTED and no request for consideration of such applications and fee payment after the period specified in the Notice of Examination shall be entertained. 10.6 Fee once paid shall not be refunded under any circumstances nor will it be adjusted against any other examination or selection.
Centers of Examination:
11.1 A candidate must indicate the Centre(s) in the online Application Form in which he/ she desires to take the examination. Details about the Examination Centres and Regional Offices under whose jurisdiction these Examination Centres are located are as follows:
|S No||Examination Centres and Centre Code||SSC Region and States/ UTs under the jurisdiction of the Region||Address of the Regional Offices/ Website|
|1||Bhagalpur(3201), Darbhanga (3202),Muzaffarpur(3205), Patna(3206),Purnea (3209), Agra(3001), Bareilly (3005), Gorakhpur (3007), Jhansi (3008), Kanpur(3009), Lucknow(3010),Meerut(3011), Prayagraj(3003),Varanasi(3013)||Central Region(CR)/ Bihar and Uttar Pradesh||Regional Director (CR),Staff Selection Commission,34-A, Mahatma GandhiMarg, Civil lines, KendriyaSadan, Prayagraj – 211001. (http://www.ssc-cr.org)|
|2||Port Blair (4802), Ranchi(4205),Balasore(4601), Berhampore(Odisha)(4602), Bhubaneshwar(4604),Cuttack(4605), Dhenkenal(4611),Rourkela(4610), Sambalpur(4609),Gangtok(4001), Hooghly (4418),Kolkata(4410), Siliguri(4415)||Eastern Region (ER)/ Andaman & Nicobar Islands, Jharkhand, Odisha, Sikkim and West Bengal||Regional Director (ER), Staff Selection Commission,1st MSO Building, (8thFloor), 234/4,Acharya Jagadish Chandra Bose Road, Kolkata,West Bengal-700020 (www.sscer.org)|
|3||Kavaratti (9401), Belagavi (9002),Bengaluru (9001), Hubballi (9011),Kalaburagi (Gulbarga) (9005),Mangaluru (9008), Mysuru (9009),Shivamogga (9010), Udupi (9012).Ernakulam (9213), Kannur (9202),Kollam (9210), Kottayam (9205), Kozhikode (9206), Thrissur (9212),Thiruvananthapuram (9211).||Karnataka,Kerala Region(KKR)/ Lakshadweep,Karnataka and Kerala||Regional Director (KKR), Staff Selection Commission, 1st Floor, “E” Wing,Kendriya Sadan, Koramangala, Bengaluru,Karnataka-560034 (www.ssckkr.kar.nic.in)|
|4||Bhopal (6001), Gwalior(6005), Indore(6006), Jabalpur (6007), Satna (6014),Sagar (6015), Ujjain (6016), Bilaspur (6202), Raipur (6204),Durg-Bhilai (6205)||Madhya PradeshSub-Region(MPR)/Chhattisgarh and Madhya Pradesh||Dy. Director (MPR), Staff Selection Commission, 5th Floor, Investment Building, LIC Campus-2, Pandri, Raipur, 16 Chhattisgarh-492004 (www.sscmpr.org)|
|5||Itanagar(5001), Dibrugarh(5102),Guwahati(Dispur)(5105), Jorhat(5107),Silchar(5111), Dimapur (5301), Kohima(5302), Shillong(5401),Imphal(5501), Churachandpur(5502),Ukhrul(5503), Agartala(5601),Aizwal(5701)||North Eastern Region (NER)/Arunachal Pradesh,Assam, Manipur,Meghalaya,Mizoram, Nagalandand Tripura.||Regional Director (NER),Staff Selection Commission,Housefed Complex,Last Gate, Beltola-Basistha Road, P.O. Assam Sachivalaya, Dispur, Guwahati, Assam-781006 (www.sscner.org.in)|
|6||Dehradun(2002), Haldwani(2003),Haridwar(2005), Roorkee(2006),Delhi(2201), Ajmer(2401),Alwar(2402), Bharatpur(2403), Bikaner(2404), Jaipur(2405),Jodhpur(2406), Kota(2407),Sriganganagar(2408), Udaipur(2409),Sikar(2411)||Northern Region(NR)/Delhi, Rajasthanand Uttarakhand||Regional Director (NR),Staff Selection Commission,Block No. 12,CGO Complex, Lodhi Road,New Delhi-110003 (www.sscnr.net.in)|
|7||Chandigarh/Mohali(1601),Hamirpur(1202), Shimla(1203),Jammu(1004), Leh(1005), Samba(1010), Srinagar(J&K)(1007), Jalandhar(1402), Ludhiana(1405)Patiala(1403), Amritsar(1404)||North WesternSub-Region(NWR)/Chandigarh,Haryana, Himachal Pradesh, Jammuand Kashmir,Ladakh and Punjab||Dy. Director (NWR),Staff Selection Commission,Block No. 3, Ground Floor,Kendriya Sadan, Sector-9, Chandigarh-160009(www.sscnwr.org)|
|8||Chirala(8011), Guntur(8001), Kakinada(8009), Kurnool(8003), Nellore (8010),Rajahmundry(8004), Tirupati(8006), Vizianagaram(8012),Vijaywada(8008),Vishakhapatnam(8007),Puducherry(8401), Chennai(8201),Coimbatore(8202), Madurai(8204),Salem(8205), Tiruchirapalli(8206),Tirunelveli(8207), Vellore (8208),Hyderabad(8601), Karimnagar (8604),Warangal(8603)||Southern Region(SR)/ Andhra Pradesh,Puducherry, TamilNadu andTelangana.||Regional Director (SR),Staff Selection Commission,2nd Floor, EVK Sampath Building, DPI Campus, College Road, Chennai,Tamil Nadu-600006(www.sscsr.gov.in)|
|9||Panaji(7801), Ahmedabad(7001),Anand(7011), Gandhinagar(7012),Mehsana(7013), Rajkot(7006), Surat(7007), Vadodara(7002),Amravati(7201), Aurangabad(7202),Jalgaon(7214), Kolhapur(7203),Mumbai(7204), Nagpur(7205), Nanded(7206), Nashik(7207), Pune(7208)||Western Region(WR)/Dadra and NagarHaveli and Damanand Diu, Goa, Gujarat and Maharashtra||Regional Director (WR),Staff Selection Commission, 1st Floor, South Wing,Pratishtha Bhawan,101, Maharshi Karve Road, Mumbai,Maharashtra-400020(www.sscwr.net)|
Scheme of the Examination:
The Examination will be conducted in four tiers as indicated below:
Tier-I: Computer Based Examination.
Tier-II: Computer Based Examination.
Tier-III: Pen and Paper Mode (Descriptive paper)
Tier-IV: Computer Proficiency Test/ Data Entry Skill Test (wherever applicable).
12.2 Marks scored by candidates in Computer Based Examinations, if conducted in multiple shifts will be normalized by using the formula published by the Commission through Notice No: 1-1/2018-P&P-I dated 07-02-2020 and such
normalized scores will be used to determine final merit and cut-off marks.
12.3 Tentative Answer Keys of the Computer Based Examinations will be placed on the website of the Commission after the Examination. Candidates may go through the Answer Keys and submit online representations, if any, within the stipulated time limit on payment of Rs 100/- per question. Representations received through any other mode e.g. letter, application, email, etc. will not be entertained.
Representation regarding the Answer Keys will be scrutinized before finalizing the Answer Keys and the decision of the Commission in this regard will be final.
12.4 The dates of examinations indicated in the Notice are tentative. Any change in the schedule of examinations will be informed to candidates only through the website of the Commission.
12.5 In the question papers, wherever necessary, the Metric systems of weights and measures will be used.
12.6 There shall be no provision for re-evaluation/ re-checking of the scores. No correspondence in this regard shall be entertained.
Scheme of Tier-I and Tier-II Examinations:
|Tier||Subject||Number of Questions||Maximum Marks||Time allowed|
|I||A. General Intelligence and Reasoning||25||50||1 hour (1 hour and 20 minutes for the candidates eligible for scribe as per Para-7.1 and 7.2)|
|B. General Awareness||25||50|
|C. Quantitative Aptitude||25||50|
|D. English Comprehension||25||50|
|Tier||Subject||Number of Questions||Maximum Marks||Time allowed|
|II||Paper-I: Quantitative Abilities||100||200||2 hours (for each Paper)(2 hours and 40 minutes for the candidates eligible for scribe as per Para-7.1 and 7.2)|
|Paper-II: English Language and Comprehension||200||200|
|Paper-IV: General Studies (Finance and Economics)||100||200|
- Tier-I and Tier-II will consist of Objective Type, Multiple choice questions. The questions will be set both in English & Hindi except for English Comprehension in Tier-I and Paper-II in Tier-II.
- In Tier-I, there will be negative marking of 0.50 for each wrong answer.
- In Tier-II, there will be negative marking of 0.25 for each wrong answer in Paper-II (English Language and Comprehension) and of 0.50 marks for each wrong answer in Paper-I, Paper-III and Paper-IV.
- In Tier-II, Paper-I and Paper-II are compulsory for all the posts.
- Paper-III of Tier-II will be for only those candidates who apply for the posts of Junior Statistical Officer (JSO) in the Ministry of Statistics and Program Implementation and who are shortlisted in Tier-I for the Posts.
- In Tier-II, Paper-IV will be for only those candidates who are shortlisted in Tier-I for Paper-IV i.e. for the posts of Assistant Audit Officer/ Assistant Accounts Officer.
Scheme of Tier-III Examination:
|Tier||Mode of Examination||Scheme of Examination||Maximum Marks||Time Allowed|
|III||Pen and Paper mode Descriptive Paper in English or Hindi (Writing of Essay/ Precis/ Letter/ Application etc.)||100||1 hour (1 hour and 20 minutes for the candidates who are eligible for scribe as per Para-7.1 and 7.2)|
- The Paper in Tier-III will have to be written either in Hindi or in English.Part paper written in Hindi and Part in English will be awarded zero marks.
- In Tier-III, candidates must write their correct Roll Number at the prescribed places on the cover page of the Answer Book.
- Candidates must also affix signature and Left-hand Thumb Impression in the relevant columns in the Answer Book. Answer Books not bearing Roll Number, Signature and Left-hand Thumb Impression shall be awarded zero marks.
- Candidates must not write any personal identity e.g. name, roll number, mobile number, address, etc inside the Answer Book (Tier-III).
- Failure to adhere to these instructions will be treated as unfair means (UFM) and such candidates will be awarded zero marks and their candidature will be rejected.
Tier-IV (Skill Test):
In Tier-IV, Computer Proficiency Test (CPT) and Data Entry Speed Test (DEST) will be conducted.